Sunday, May 1, 2011

Motivation Secret...a RACE!!!

I ran my practice 5k yesterday, and despite the freezing temps (come on Utah...it's SPRING!!) I ran my 3 miles in 25:50!!! My goal for the upcoming Race for the Cure is to finish under 30 minutes. Considering I don't know how hilly the race route is, I'm aiming for under 28:00. I can do that, right??

I like to workout, but I'm not perfect at it. Training for a race is definitely motivation though. I want to RUN the whole race, and that means getting this body ready. Long runs everyday won't get you there!! Mix it up with cross training, weight lifting, speed runs, and long runs. I love my training plan!! I never get bored with it, and it's adaptable to my schedule and the workouts I like.

Sign up for a race and get moving people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment