Monday, May 2, 2011

Mix it Up Monday

My sweet baby girl is sick, so I don't have much time to workout. I always try to get SOMETHING in, but it doesn't always happen. I get lots of my tips from Lindsay Brin over at Moms Into Fitness. One I really like is to at least workout for 5 minutes. Most likely you'll keep going on, and if you don't....at least you got the 5 minutes in.

A key is variety. Change things up. It's good for your own sanity AND it's great for your body. Changing things up tricks your body and your muscles, and you'll see better/faster results.

Todays workout was just that, and I don't want to be sore for my race this Saturday.
I set up my itunes and picked 6 songs. First song I did cardio. (I've done enough workout dvds that I can come up with my own sets of cardio) Second song I did toning, and the 3rd song I did abs lying down. I repeated this twice, but my last round of abs was standing abs. It was awesome!! I got a great workout, wasn't focusing on time, and it went by quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment