Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tyson's 5k and 10k training in the works!


So, first of all....this 5k was AMAZING!! It was hard with hills, and I haven't really trained for hills, so I wasn't trying to beat my last 5k time of 26:17. I was the first girl to finish, and I did it in 26:44 which I'm very happy about!!! These hills were never ending. There was no break really either. It was pretty flat and a little downhill, which was nice because once the hills came....they lasted a while. I never stopped running though, and it was a beautiful day in Eagle Mountain.
A bunch of pictures were posted from the race. Just for the record, I workout so I can look good. I don't look good while working out. With that being said....
It was a small race. I think around 50 people ran it, and I decided that I really like small races. No weaving in and out of people, and it was quiet. Just how I like it, yet I could see people in front of me to guide my pace and the route. I can't get over how much I loved this race.
Now onto my 10k training. I altered my training plan a bit because my 10k falls on a Monday, so now my long runs will be Mondays. I ran 5.1 miles in 45:45. This is perfect for me. Not too fast, but not too slow. I need to really work on my speed runs and interval training this week. I feel pretty confident that I'll be able to run my 6.2 miles in under one hour!!
Today's workout came from Lindsay lindsaybrin.comBrin and Moms Into Fitness. I did the Shed 5 Fast Level 1 Workout but did all the advanced moves. Then I did Lindsay's 8 minute ab workout you can find on YouTube. Tomorrow is an interval run!!
Also, my husband and I are trying to cut way back on sugar. His body itches when he eats it, so we're trying to cut back and eat smart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment